Wood County Historical Photos
As part of it's mission to both celebrate and preserve 200 years of Wood County history, the Bicentennial Committee has created a digital archive of photographs to expand awareness of our rich and diverse history. This archive can be viewed here.
Do you have photos you think would be a great addition to this collection? We would love to see them.
Items will be added to this collection throughout the year, and we wish to borrow photographs from public individuals and organizations.
Photographs will be gifted or loaned to the Local History Department of the Wood County District Public Library (WCDPL).
- Items will be scanned, cataloged, and posted online for viewing by the public.
- Photographs loaned to the library for scanning will be returned to the owner.
In order for a photograph to be included in the digital archive, clear ownership of the mage must be established and the owner must complete and sign documentation giving WCDPL permission to post the photographs online. This is required for both photographs gifted to WCDPL and loaned to WCDPL.
Criteria for inclusion of a photograph within the digital archive will include:
- WCDPL reserves the right to decline inclusion of any photograph for any reason.
- Photographs should be from before 1980.
- Photographs of families or individuals will not be included, unless the rest of the photograph substantially documents a public event in some way (i.e. a photograph of a child participating in an event at the Wood County Fair).
- Highest priority will be given to photographs that are of:
- Public events such as parades, fairs, political rallies, groundbreaking ceremonies, ribbon-cuttings, BGSU events, sporting events, etc.
- Public buildings, churches, schools, businesses, libraries, etc.
- Public officials, civic leaders, business leaders, etc.
- Views of streetscapes, factories, farming, tilling of fields, quarries, parks, railroads, public improvement projects, etc.
- Photographs that have identifiable individuals are preferred.
- Photographs that focus on early life in the county (before 1920) are strongly preferred.
Questions regarding photograph submissions should be directed to Marnie Pratt, Local History Librarian at the Wood County District Public Library by calling 419-352-5050 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.